Yesterday

Yesterday was a bad day.

Hm. That sounds like the beginning of a particularly melodramatic novel. The kind that will after that memorable beginning go on to detail just how bad the day was, including a healthy dose of torture, screams and temper tantrums. Or maybe people being diced and chopped up, blood dripping on the floor and splashed on the walls, and all other kinds of most heinous crimes the author can think of, alternated with good doses of Freudian complexes, unhappy, abusive childhoods, multiple personalities and stalkers/dark magick.

Well. Yesterday was nothing like that, but pretty bad in its way.

There have been times I’ve felt like I’m standing at the edge of this precipice, (pl note, not clinging with fingertips or anything like that, I am not, repeat, not suicidal, just having a bad day, this is after the best friend told me the blog sounded like I was) and the past few days have been pretty decent on the work front, and all in all I was quite stable and happy and probably a good 15 m from the edge. No emotional issues right then, you see. And then something happened that drove me right back to the edge, and pretty much left me back to being miserable, distracted, tears down cheeks and, well, right there at the edge.

I am so frustrated with myself.

I hate that I let something that happened 9 months back still get to me.

And the best friend says growing up is learning to stay sane on the edge of the precipice.

No comments: